Administration Assistant – Temporary Contract
Seaford Town Council is looking for an enthusiastic and organised person to provide temporary cover for its Project & Facilities department as an Administration Assistant.
The position is on a part time basis at 22 hours per week; 9am to 5pm Wednesdays and Thursdays, and 9am to 4.30pm Fridays. Ideally the candidate would be in a position to begin in the role on 10th May, with a temporary contract until 1st September 2017.
The main duties of the role are:
1. Point of contact for members of the public and external organisations with queries on the Councils services, facilities and events.
2. General office administration; post, phone calls, photocopying and other administrative tasks;
3. Assisting with the day-to-day management and administration of the Council’s extensive land, facilities and property portfolio;
4. Assisting with the day-to-day administration for hirers of Council land for events and activities;
5. Assisting the Mayor’s Secretary with providing support to the Mayor of Seaford and Young Mayor of Seaford.
You will be required to deal with queries and provide excellent customer service on a daily basis, over the phone, face-to-face and electronically so good communication and people skills are a necessity.
The role is largely computer-based, so previous experience with Microsoft Office packages and confidence with using a computer are essential.
The post is grade at SCP 12, which calculated pro-rata for 22 hours per week is the equivalent of £9,586 per annum (£8.38 per hour).
Applications must be made by Council Application form, cv's may be submitted as supporting documentation but cannot be accepted alone.
Application Form - Administration Assistant
Closing date for applications is noon on Tuesday 2nd May 2017.
Interviews will be held on Friday 5th May 2017.